Backcountry Raw Infused Large Breed Recipe caters to the nutritional needs and appetites of large breed dogs, featuring large-sized kibble to match their bigger bite size. This natural, grain free formula provides your dog with the nutritional benefits of a raw diet they would have discovered in the wild in a safe and convenient recipe that's easy to serve.
- Real deboned chicken is always the first ingredient. This high quality protein helps build and maintain healthy muscle tissue and energy levels.
- Freeze-dried raw pieces are mixed into the kibble in a pure state to provide nutritional benefits that are easily digestible and taste great. The raw inclusion goes through rigorous testing and a proven process called High-Pressure Processing (HPP) to ensure food safety.
- All Merrick Backcountry recipes are rich in Omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat, and contain leading levels of glucosamine and chondroitin for healthy hips and joints.
- All Merrick recipes are crafted in our Hereford, TX kitchen and cooked in the USA, in facilities that uphold strict FDA guidelines.
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Peas, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Salmon Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Potato Protein, Lamb, Duck, Chicken Liver, Apples, Blueberries, Gelatin, Salt, Organic Dried Alfalfa Meal, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Carbonate), Choline Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate), Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product.
- Crude protein (min.)38%
- Crude fat (min.)17%
- Crude fiber (max.)3.5%
- Moisture (max.)11%
- Omega-6 fatty acid* (min.)3%
- Omega-3 fatty acid* (min.)0.3%
- Glucosamine* (min.)1200 mg/kg
- Chondroitin sulfate* (min.)1200 mg/kg
Merrick Backcountry Large Breed Recipe Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance
*If an item has an *, this nutrient is not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles.
|Goal Weight (lbs)
||Calories Per Day
||Cups Per Day (Approx)
||1 1/4 cups
||1 1/2 cups
||2 1/2 cups
||3 1/3 cups
||3 3/4 cups
||4 1/4 cups
||4 2/3 cups
For dogs over 100 lbs: Add 1/4 cup per additional 10 lbs. For puppies and pregnant or nursing dogs: Feed 25% more than the amounts listed.
TRANSITIONING: Gradually mix in the new food over a 5 - 7 day period, increasing the amount of Merrick Backcountry Large Breed Recipe each day.
3,660 kcal/kg or 389 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as-fed basis (calculated).