Merrick Backcountry Freeze Dried Raw Meal Mixer Real Chicken Recipe provides a nutritional raw boost in a convenient and safe format. Add these to kibble and watch your dog go wild for the fresh and meaty taste of these freeze dried raw pieces. It can be served as a complete and balanced meal on its own, as a mixer added to kibble, or served as a treat.
- Real deboned chicken is always the first ingredient. This high quality protein helps build and maintain healthy muscle tissue and energy levels.
- Meal mixers are nutrient dense and can be served as a complete and balanced meal on its own.
- Freeze-dried raw protein pieces are easily digestible and have the fresh taste dogs love. The raw inclusion goes through rigorous testing and a proven process called High-Pressure Processing (HPP) to ensure food safety.
- All Merrick recipes are crafted in our Hereford, TX kitchen and cooked in the USA, in facilities that uphold strict FDA guidelines.
Deboned Chicken, Chicken Liver, Dried Potatoes, Potato Protein, Chicken Broth, Gelatin, Dried Kelp, Salt, Mixed Tocopherols (a preservative), Potassium Chloride, Apples, Carrots, Blueberries, Minerals (Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Potassium Chloride, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid), Choline Chloride
- Crude protein (min.)40.00 %
- Crude fat (min.)18.00 %
- Crude fiber (max.)3.00 %
- Moisture (max.)6.00 %
Merrick Backcountry Freeze-Dried Raw Real Chicken Recipe Dog Food is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.
*If an item has an *, this nutrient is not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles.
|Goal Weight (lbs)
||Calories Per Day
||Cups Per Day (Approx)
Serve as-is or rehydrate by adding 1/4 cup of water per 1 cup of Backcountry Freeze-Dried Raw. Using the chart, divide the total number cups per day by the total number of times you feed your dog per day to determine the portion size for each meal.
For dogs over 50 lbs: Add 1/2 cup per additional 10 lbs.
Transitioning: Gradually mix in the new food over a 5-7 day period, increasing the amount of Backcountry Real Chicken Recipe each day.
4050 kcal/kg or 283 kcal/cup ME (metabolizable energy) on an as-fed basis (calculated).