K&H has 'reinvented the wheel' when it comes to keeping ice free water available in winter ponds.
All K&H Deluxe Pond Deicers are safe in all pond, they will not damage pond liners, plastic ponds, or your fish.
Not everyone wants a floating deicer, K&H Deluxe Pond Deicers can be transformed from floating to submersible in seconds.
Each K&H Perfect Climate Deluxe Pond Deicer features a 12 feet cord for easy placement virtually anywhere in your pond.
K&H Perfect Climate Deluxe Pond Deicers are MET Listed for safety & include a 2-year manufacturer's warranty.
- New & improved cage design!
- Use submersed or floating
- Choose from multiple wattage options--see our Zone Chart for assistance in determining proper wattage
- Won't damage pond liners, use safely in all ponds
- Simple to clean & maintain
- 12 ft. cord
- MET Listed
- Warranty: 2-years
All K&H Deluxe Perfect Climate deicers are thermostatically controlled. This means they will automatically turn on and off as needed to keep the water in your pond from freezing over.
Please note: These deicers will maintain a pond temperature of just above freezing and cannot be adjusted to higher temperatures.
Finding the deicer that is right for me
K&H has solved the problem of having to use those high wattage deicers by creating a whole line of de‐icers along with a convenient zone chart for you to choose the correct de‐icer. (See the K&H Pond Chart below) Simply find your zone and use the chart to match up your pond size to find the deicer that is perfect for you.
**Warning: Deicer must be in the water at all times. Do not operate when heating element is not fully submerged in water.
Care & Instructions
Float or Submerse
To use your Thermo-Pond as a floating de-icer, use it with the float ring attached. To use it as a submersible de-icer, unscrew and remove the attached float ring.
Already Frozen Ponds Using an Ice Auger
- If ice has already formed on the surface of your pond, drill a hole in the ice with an ice auger. Do not chop through ice as the shock waves can damage or kill your fish.
- Then place your heater through the hole and run your cord to a properly grounded outlet protecting the cord from damage.
Without an Ice Auger
- If you do not have access to an ice auger, place a large pan or bucket with water on the surface of the ice. Place your heater into the container and plug the heater into a properly grounded outlet. The heater will heat the water and container, melting a hole in the pond ice.
- Always keep safety as your number one priority. Never walk on thin ice.
- Please consult your pond professional on tips for overwintering fish.