The K&H Small Animal Heated Pad keeps guinea pigs, ferrets, rabbits, or other small animals warm in even the coldest conditions. Its 9" x 12" sleeping surface warms to an animal's natural body temperature while only using 25 watts.
- Use indoors or outdoors
- Low power consumption of 25 watts
- Excellent for many small animals: guinea pigs, ferrets, cats, rabbits, and wildlife
- Resists chewing
- Controlled thermostatically to heat to an animal's standard body temperature
- MET safety listed
To make the Small Animal Heated Pad stand up to everyday use, we implement several subtle yet thoughtful features:
- The first 18 inches of the power cord and the cord entrance are steel-capped to prevent chewing.
- The pad features rounded corners to make chewing more difficult.
- For maximum protection, used the 4 pre-drilled corner holes to mount the pad to a floor, sidewall, or cage.
With an MET safety listing and a 1-year limited warranty, the K&H Small Animal Heated Pad also gives you peace of mind.
- Consult your veterinarian before use with young puppies/kittens, convalescent pets, during surgery/surgery recovery, or any animal that cannot voluntarily remove themselves from the heated pad. K&H recommends using ONLY the Deluxe Lectro-Kennel Heated Pad for these animals as this pad has an adjustable thermostat.
- Do not place pad in confined area where the pet does not have the ability to remove themselves from the pad. Always allow your pet enough space to be able choose if they want to rest on the pad or off the pad.
Care & Instructions
- Place the Small Animal Heated Pad directly on a hard, flat surface in your home or inside a shelter. The area chosen should be sheltered from direct rain or snow.
- Plug into 110-120 volt AC outlet. Allow 1-2 hours for the Small Animal Heated Pad to warm. The unit will feel slightly warm to the touch. When an animal lies on the pad, it will reach a maximum temperature of approximately 102°F. The built-in thermostat will automatically regulate the temperature.
- After initial warm-up, your Small Animal Heated Pad will feel cooler to the touch. This is the intention for energy efficiency. When your pet lies on the bed, it will warm to a comfortable temperature in even the coldest of weather.
- Wash the optional faux fleece cover on the gentle cycle with cold water, then line dry.
- The pad can be cleaned using a damp towel or sponge and mild dish washing detergent. DO NOT wash in a washing machine.
Testing Your Small Animal Heated Pad
You can test the pad by placing a large pillow on top of the pad. After about 20 minutes, feel under the pillow. It will feel warm, not hot. DO NOT use an extension cord during this test. DO NOT place anything on the pad (other than the fleece cover provided) any other time. This should only be done during testing.