The K&H Lectro-Kennel heated pad has been around for over 40 years, so you know you are getting the best in an outdoor heated pet bed. This product is used by breeders, dog owners, cat owners, turtle rescues, veterinarians, clinics, zoos, and others in order to give pets extra warmth when needed or help animals during recovery.
The durable ABS plastic exterior is easy to keep clean and the steel-wrapped cord deters pets from chewing. The Lectro-Kennel can be placed flat on the floor or attached to a dog or cat house wall. This outdoor heated pet pad is thermostatically controlled to warm to your pet’s normal body temperature, keeping them warm and cozy, even in freezing temperatures.
A one-year warranty is included and the Lectro-Kennel is MET listed for safety. Go with the one and only original…the K&H Lectro-Kennel outdoor heated pad.
- Use indoors or outdoors
- Excellent for use in the home, garage, porch, kennel, or dog house
- Internal thermostats heat to your dog's standard body temperature
- Super-soft removable cover included
- 5.5 ft. steel-wrapped cord
- MET Safety Listed
- Consult your veterinarian before use with young puppies/kittens, convalescent pets, during surgery/surgery recovery, or any animal that cannot voluntarily remove themselves from the heated pad. K&H recommends using ONLY the Deluxe Lectro-Kennel Heated Pad for these animals as this pad has an adjustable thermostat.
- Do not place pad in confined area where the pet does not have the ability to remove themselves from the pad. Always allow your pet enough space to be able to choose if they want to rest on the pad or off the pad.
Care & Instructions
- Place the Lectro-Kennel directly on a hard, flat surface in your home or inside a doghouse or kennel. The area chosen should be sheltered from direct rain or snow.
- Plug into 110-120 volt AC outlet. Allow 1-2 hours for the Lectro-Kennel to warm. The unit will feel slightly warm to the touch. When an animal lies on the pad, it will reach a maximum temperature of approximately 102°F. The built-in thermostat will automatically regulate the temperature.
- After initial warm-up, your Lectro-Kennel will feel cooler to the touch. This is the intention for energy efficiency. When your pet lies on the bed, it will warm to a comfortable temperature in even the coldest of weather.
- Wash the faux fleece cover on the gentle cycle with cold water, then line dry.
- The heated pad can be cleaned using a damp towel or sponge and mild dishwashing detergent. DO NOT wash in a washing machine.
Testing Your Lectro-Kennel
You can test the pad by placing a large pillow on top of the pad. After about 20 minutes, feel under the pillow. It will feel warm, not hot. DO NOT use an extension cord during this test. DO NOT place anything on the pad (other than the fleece cover provided) any other time. This should only be done during testing.
Does your dog chew everything?
Simply drill holes through the outer lip of the Lectro-Kennel and screw it down to the floor or onto the wall. This will deter your pet from picking the pad up like a chew toy.